Get Your Boat Ready for the Season
If your commissioning to-do list seems daunting and you don't know where to start, you can start here.
The tarps are coming off, the lifts and trailers are underway, and if you haven’t already started prepping your boat for the season, it’s time to get at it. To help out, we’re reprising a bunch of useful links that we showcased on boats.com last year, leading to articles that will make your life easier. Here you go:
Uncover it, clean it, hit the basics
- 12-Step Pre-Season Prep Commissioning tips for small boats and runabouts, in a nutshell.
- Easy Cleaning: A Lazy Man’s Guide to Spring Cleaning Which cleaner to use on which piece of gear, from bunk cushions to fenders to plastic portholes.
Hit that gelcoat
- Wax vs. Polish: Which Shines Best?
- Gelcoat Maintenance: Shiny Side Up
- Final Finish: Make Your Gelcoat Gleam
Check and double-check the systems
- Is Your Boat Ready for the New Boating Season? An insurance man’s advice about spring prep.
- Top Five Spring Outfitting Mistakes
- Ethanol and Water in Fuel
Work up the wood
Protect against corrosion underwater
Emergency gear run-through
See you in the boatyard, and on the water.
The boats.com editors