• Unibond construction features hull/liner combo, with cavities filled with foam to make the boat unsinkable. Boat will also float level.
• Backing blocks of composite phenolic are tapped to accommodate cleats, rails, other deck hardware.
• Helm offers adequate real estate for larger electronic displays.
• Digital throttle and shift.
• With a Mercury 250 Verado, recorded a top speed of 48.2 mph, 4-second time to plane, and best cruise of 3.2 mpg at 28.3 mph.
• Deep-V hull carves a predictable corner, offers smooth ride in rougher conditions.
• Soft wave re-entry eliminates jarring feel of many center consoles.
• Large bow casting platform features nonslip, lockable rod storage to port, insulated cooler/fishbox in center. Cooler drains overboard.
• 15-gallon aerated livewell in front of helm, with rodholders to each side.
• Those very same areas can be covered in cushions for generous bow seating on one large sunpad. Aft portion at port and starboard pivots upwards to create innovative backrest for forward-facing seating, a rarity in a center console.
• At transom, similarly large casting deck with nonskid. Forward portion hinges up to create backrest for hidden bench seat, with storage below.
• Hed compartment in center console. Good headroom, and port for ventilation.
• Standard reversible pilot seat includes pull-out, removable cooler. Test boat optioned with 25-gallon aerated livewell and raw-water washdown.
• Optional T-top includes Velcro-secured access panels to accommodate rod tips.
• Optional “All-Activity Tower” combines poling platform, elevated seat, tow pylon, and rodholders into one unit.
• Time to Plane: 4.0 seconds
Visit the Boston Whaler 230 Dauntless web page.