By Jeff Hemmel
2012 Cypress Cay Cozumel Boat Test Notes
Read the detailed notes from our Boats.com review team's test of this new pontoon boat.
• 25” Aluminum pontoons; individual airtight compartments
• Full length outside risers add rigidity, double as skirting
• Butyl rubber tape between components to prevent rattling
• Tech-screw fasteners form friction-weld bond
• Xtreme Performance System adds central tube, lowered 3” below outer tubes, lifting strakes, stepped running surface aft on center tube, aluminum skin
• Carves exceptionally tight, predictable turns
• One of best handling pontoons tested to date; lower trim to enter corner, raise to exit for best results
Visit Cypress Cay’s Cozumel 250 page
- Jeff Hemmel writes for boats.com, Boating, PersonalWatercraft.com, and Powersports Business. The former Senior Editor at Watercraft World, Jeff is a multi-time award winner as well as a 2008 inductee into the IJSBA Hall of Fame. His first book, "The Anti-Pirate Potato Cannon...and 101 Other Things For Young Mariners To Try, Do, & Build On the Water," received a bronze medal in the 2010 Moonbeam Children's Book Awards. For more info, visit Jeff Hemmel's website.