Watch the Starcraft Starfish 176 Video Boat Review
Overview: An aluminum dual-console fishing machine that can handle big water.
- Versatility and reliability are the two key words Starcraft likes to keep in mind, with this boat.
- A .10 aluminum hull bottom supports a pressure-treated plywood deck (which has a lifetime guarantee).
- Sturdy, tall windshield provides lots of protection and won’t wiggle when you shake it.
- Rubbery non-skid deck is extremely grippy.
- Seams and transom corners are double-rivited, for extra strength.
- With a 90-hp. ETEC outboard, this boat cruises at around 30-mph and approaches 40 at top-end.
- Hole shot is excellent.
- Four-keel hull design grabs the water in sharp turns, but prop tends to blow out if you make them too tight.
- Takes waves well for its size.
- Deep foredeck gives a real feeling of security.
- Beam is carried far forward, making for lots of fishing room.
- Rodbox in the foredeck is HUGE- it holds 11 rigs.
- Seats are surprisingly comfy for a boat of this size and nature.
- * The Starcraft Starfish 176 has been named one of the Top 10 Fishing Boats of 2012.