By Lenny Rudow
Lowe Stryker Boat Test Notes
The Boats.com reviewer's detailed notes of this fishing package, gathered during our video boat review.
OVERVIEW: The Stryker boat-motor-trailer package is an excellent way to go from landlocked to multi-species fishing, in the blink of an eye.
- Deliver a boat-motor-trailer package that’s capable of taking on relatively large freshwater lakes and rivers, for less cost than the competition
- Provide a low-cost boat with more features and enhanced stability than similar boats offer
- Design a low-cost boat with multiple power options to fit wide ranging budgets
- All-welded aluminum hull and deck
- Integrated chines and strakes
- Multiple seating pedestals fore, aft, and amidships
- Varies widely with power choices ranging from 20-hp to 50-hp
- Mid-range speeds; 27.2-mph cruise and 36.9-mph top-end with the 50-hp powerplant. With the minimum power you’ll still plane, but don’t expect speeds to rise much beyond the low 20’s, especially with a load
- Hull design allows for wide range of power options but also allows for porpoising at high speeds combined with high trim settings (trimming down or shifting weight forward eliminates the issue)
- Sporty; this is a fun boat to run
- Extremely easy to trailer, launch, and load
- At a base cost of about $8000, the monthly payments on this package will be less than your electric bill
- Able to reach a livewell from each and every seat on the boat
- Wide (55”) bottom enhances stability above what you expect in a 16’ boat
Read the author’s review, Lowe Stryker: More Boat, Less Money
To learn more, visit the Lowe Boats website.
- Lenny Rudow is Senior Editor for Dominion Marine Media, including Boats.com and Yachtworld.com. With over two decades of experience in marine journalism, he has contributed to publications including Boating Magazine, Marlin Magazine, Boating World, Saltwater Sportsman, Texas Fish & Game, and many others. Lenny is a graduate of the Westlawn School of Yacht Design who has won 28 BWI and OWAA writing awards.
- Connect with Lenny Rudow on Google+