Watch the Boats.com Tigé Z3 Video Boat Review
- Tige’s trademark edgy styling, in a more traditional bow shape.
- Create real passenger space forward; bow not just utilized to stow skis and wakeboards.
- Balanced floorplan.
- High-density, closed-cell foam, injection-molded stringer system precisely follows inner contours of hull.
- Engine mount beams and floor systems manufactured from Penske Xtreme composite panel, reinforced with both strand and woven fiberglass.
- Engine mounts thru-bolted on 2” Penske beams fitted with structural aluminum saddles.
- Hull, core and floor components laminated and joined before fully cured, forming primary bond. Hull and deck chemically bonded; hand-laid fiberglass backs entire hull-deck joint.
- Exceptional lifetime hull replacement warranty.
- Strong acceleration, almost non-existent bowrise.
- Top speed: 42.1 mph with 343hp PCM 5.7-liter V-drive engine.
- Best fuel economy: 3.1 mpg at 30 mph.
- Convex V hull design features wakeboard-like rocker. Naturally settles to produce a large wake at wakeboard/wake surf speeds.
- TAPS trim plate can be lowered to push bow down, produce ski-friendly wake sizes, as well as further fine-tune wake shape for board riding.
- Lack of directional thrust requires brief learning curve around the dock.
- Driving with fully loaded ballast requires care in sharp turns.
- Water ballast further increases wake size, can be distributed to fore, aft, starboard and port tanks.
- Alpha Z tower is rock solid, offering exceptional anchor point for most hardcore riders. Lights and speakers built-in. Spring-loading makes raising, lowering tower one-man job if necessary.
- Tige Touch; iPad-like touchscreen controls all the boat’s vital functions, including speed control, ballast load, sound system. Cool, but can be hard to see in occasional glare.
- Walk-over sunpad can be converted to full sunpad with simple flip of central cushion.
- Well-designed transom area offers place to gear up for skiing or riding, wet stowage compartments to each side for towropes, etc.