Bayliner Discovery 195: Boat Test Notes
Details from the Boats.com Video Boat Review of this 18 foot bowrider.
Watch the Boats.com Bayliner Discovery 195 Video Boat Review
Overview: A small, inexpensive bowrider.
- Design a bowrider that is extremely low-maintenance and low-cost, but has good features and construction.
- Fit the Discovery series’ versatile nature.
- Fiberglass hull; plywood deck coated with rubbery vinyl-textured nonskid; fiberglass-encapsulated stringers.
- Faster than you’d guess – we broke 40-mph.
- Uninsulated enginebox is on the loud side.
- Great fuel economy: 5.5 miles to the gallon at 3500 RPM.
- Takes waves well for its size.
- Unusual deck liner is grippy, and offers rinse-it and leave-it ease of use.
- Fishing package adds versatility.
- 120-watt, satellite-ready radio comes standard!
Tags: Bayliner Discovery 195, Boat Test Notes, Lenny Rudow, Video, video boat review
About the author:
- Lenny Rudow is Senior Editor for Dominion Marine Media, including Boats.com and Yachtworld.com. With over two decades of experience in marine journalism, he has contributed to publications including Boating Magazine, Marlin Magazine, Boating World, Saltwater Sportsman, Texas Fish & Game, and many others. Lenny is a graduate of the Westlawn School of Yacht Design who has won 28 BWI and OWAA writing awards.
- Connect with Lenny Rudow on Google+