Power of the Penn
Prion rod collection expands
Penn has expanded its Prion line of state-of-the-art spinning and baitcasting rods to include eight new one-piece models, suited for bass, freshwater or inshore saltwater species.
Prion rods are made from lightweight graphite blanks coated with a chrome-plated finish. The rods reflect ambient light. Aluminum-oxide guides are titanium-nitride coated. Grips are cork with graphite reel seats, further lightening the rod and increasing sensitivity to the strike.
Lengths vary from 6 to 7 feet, with a wide range of actions. If you prefer one-piece spinning rods, choose among:
- PR661 (6-foot, light action, 6- to 12-pound test)
- PR701ML (7-foot, medium-light action, 8- to 15-pound test)
- PR701M (7-foot, medium action, 10- to 17-pound test)
- PR761L (7-foot, light action, 4- to 15-pound test)
- PR761M (7-foot, medium action, 8- to 15-pound test)
Baitcasters have a choice of three new models:
- PR60M (6-foot, medium action, 6- to 15-pound test)
- PR66MH (6-foot, medium-heavy action, 10- to 17-pound test)
- PR70MH (7-foot, medium-heavy action, 12- to 25-pound test)
In 2001, Penn will add an 8-foot, two-piece spinning rod PR802 with medium action, rated for 8- to 15-pound test.
The one-piece Prion spinning rods can be matched to Penn’s Prion spinning reels, while the baitcasting models can pair up with either Penn’s International or Levelmatic baitcasters.
For more information about Penn products, contact your Penn tackle dealer or visit www.pennreels.com.